Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ready for the Weekend

Poor Terry. Yesterday was a rough one. He sprained or strained his ankle on Monday evening, so he decided to stay home yesterday to be able to ice it and avoid walking too much at the office. Unfortunately, his work laptop went on the fritz, so he had to go into work anyway--except he drove in way later than usual and hit tons of traffic.

Sometimes, though, the universe is looking out for me. When Terry decided to stay home yesterday morning, I grabbed two loads of laundry and ran downstairs to get them started. All four washers were busy (at 7:45 in the morning?!). Good thing, though, because Terry left soon after and I would have been in a real pickle trying to run up and down three flights of stairs to do laundry with a ten-month-old! Thanks, Universe.

Backing up a bit, we met Daddy for lunch this week!

After lunch, Marshall and I stopped at the park for some swings, a walk, and to look at the ducks. These guys were fearless; they waddled right up to us! I assume they're used to getting food.

On his way home from work, my brother called while I was making dinner. He didn't agree that my meal qualified as a burger salad, but I don't know what else you'd call it. Lettuce, burger patty, avocado, cheese (added after the photo), and dressing. The dressing was from the restaurant where we went to lunch that day, a cilantro-lime something that I am pretty sure I need more of now.

The rest of this week seemed to move rather slowly, but at the same time it's a bit of a blur. I know there was a lot of hanging out with my little sidekick.

Don't try to tell him how to use a walker. He knows exactly what he's doing.

This photo requested by my dad, who wanted to see Marshall's new car seat.

This photo was not commissioned, but I think it could be worth something one day.

Today we went to the library! I borrowed two books a few weeks ago, enjoyed one (Goodnight June by Sarah Jio) and really couldn't get into the other (Le Divorce by Diane Johnson), even after ten chapters. So I returned both today and borrowed J.K. Rowling's The Cuckoo's Calling (written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith). I don't normally read crime novels, but I think Rowling is a fantastic writer, so I'm eager to see how this one goes. Terry is reading A Casual Vacancy by Rowling. 


The library has a little pay area for "young readers"--Marshall was more interested in the fun toys than the books!


In other adventures...

I found Trumer Pils at Costco! I was thrilled, and Scout felt pretty happy about it, too.

It's a million degrees here (well, high 80s), and Scout is miserable. He's not even running away (as fast) when Marshall crawls over to terrorize pet him. We will all be close behind him. Time to haul out the portable air conditioner again...

Tomorrow evening, after a swim lesson for a certain little boy and a basketball game for the Bruins, we're heading down to San Diego for a quick trip. Terry has to work early Saturday morning down there, so we figured we'd make it a little family trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment