Thursday, April 9, 2015

San Diego Phone Post

We're heading back home from San Diego today, and it looks like we have a nice weekend ahead. Terry might even get some solid time off!

First let's back up a little. On Tuesday we had our normal busy day--My Gym, lunch with daddy (well, daddy came to the park with us while on a conference call, but at least we got to see him!), and then a dentist appointment. Everything went well there, thankfully, and Marshall even showed our dentist his six(!) teeth. They're coming in fast!

My workouts this week have been more consistent, but I'm eager to ramp up the intensity. Now that I'm more than ten months postpartum, I feel really ready to add back some HIIT workouts and to increase my strength training. So on Tuesday after M went to sleep and before Terry and I sat down to dinner, I threw together a 20-minute full body strength workout. I often feel like I should wait for the "right" time to bust out a really great workout, but that usually translates to never finding a good time and then just not working out at all. I tell myself I'll do some planks and push ups later, and then I sit on the couch and realize it's 9:30 and I never do anything. It's a terrible habit...I need to just do what I can do when I can do it, even if it means 10- or 20-minute spurts.

So anyway after that quick workout (Terry did 5 push ups every minute for 20 minutes --> 100 push ups), we sat down to leftovers. On Monday I had baked 10 chicken legs (salt, pepper, garlic powder) on top of a chopped onion. I browned the chicken at 450 for 10 mins (but should have gone 15), and then covered with foil to cook at 350 for 30 minutes more. Honestly, it was too onion-y. The chicken was moist but the flavors sucked. Gotta work on that one.

The green beans and cornbread, though--YUM!!! 100 Days of Real Food cornbread. Can't go wrong. Green beans: olive oil and butter on the stove, med-high heat, saute with salt and pepper for about 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add some pine nuts at the end for about three minutes. Devour. Soooooo tasty!

Yesterday we came to San Diego for work for Terry, and Marshall and I did our usual thing, walking, picnicking at the park, hanging at the hotel. Terry joined us at the park after work for some play in the grass and then dinner nearby. Marshall did great until the very end, and he even enjoyed some super spicy taco soup! We also sat next to some San Diego Chargers, just two dads out to dinner with their daughters. How cute is that?

Today is a gorgeous day down here. We all grabbed breakfast at Panera (less than awesome, but whatever), then Terry worked for a few hours before getting word that he could go home early! Yay! So back to LA we go. Marshall and I spent the morning enjoying a walk and more play time at the hotel before checking out and picking up Dad. Lunch plans include Pizza Port on the way back! Yummm...

As for our weekend plans, I have high hopes to do some spring cleaning and make a trip or two to GoodWill. I know I could probably sell stuff, but a) I'm lazy and would never actually do it, and b) I hope that by giving it away I might do some good for someone who needs it more than I do. Bonus: I always feel a huge relief when I get rid of stuff we don't need! Even really nice things...if we don't use it, it makes me anxious and annoyed. I'm already eyeing some of Marshall's stuff that we know we won't use for a second baby. Another bonus: if we move anytime soon, less stuff to clear out/pack/pay people to move!

Other plans: Reading (I'm really enjoying The Cuckoo's Calling), plus Terry is getting back in the pool to brush up on his scuba skills so he can go diving next weekend, and we're celebrating our dear friends' little girl's second birthday! Guess I should take some notes for Marshall's big day...only a little over a month away!!!! How?!?!?!

Okay I'm blogging from my phone so I apologize for the format here, but you get the idea. Enjoy your Thursday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment